free website stats program accesory hook up | Harley Davidson Forums

accesory hook up

dogdad

I searched and found that some of you had hooked a GPS to the orange/white(pos) and the black(neg) wire in the back of the headlight on a RK. My question is, did you have to remove the headlight or just search for the wires up underneath the headlight? I don't feel like running a wire from the gps to the battery if I can avoid it. Thanks

HD has a 12V aux power cord - plugs into electrical port (part# 91843-97). shouls work better than digging out wires behind light assy.

Ice has the right approach..."Plug & Play". The 91843-97 part is the HD accesory socket w/ 2 wires to 4 pin female receptacle.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J00846.pdf

Under your seat you have an auxilliary plug...get the Y Adapter accessory plug w/ male and female ends if you have multiple accessories (like most of us "would") and you are golden. No splicing and profesional installation...DONE!

Attachments

• Supplementary_12_Volt_Power_Source-J00846.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
On my 04 RK there are two extra wires in the headlight harness they are used for the extra lamp in the International models. One is black and is the ground the other is Orange with white stripe. It is 12v pos. both wires have a black insulated female spade connection. I have wired an acc. plug into these on mine in the past. I did not have to take my headlight off to find them. just look around inside with a light you can find them. It is a lot easier if you take the headlight out. I ran a GPS off mine and it worked with no problems. Just make sure when you place the ACC plug you have room to turn the front end full lock BOTH directions. As others have stated above me the Harley kit is simple plug and play and works like a champ. Choice is yours.

Thanks for all the help and feed back,,,will hook it up tomorrow...if my dealer has the part..

Back