a very public "THANKS MURF"

Discussion in 'FXR Models' started by 92FXRS, Jul 22, 2010.

1. 92FXRS

92FXRS Active Member

Just needed to publicly say Thanks to Murf on this forum. Murf & I had communicated back & forth several times via HDTalking. He told me one day that he had replaced his bars with taller apes & also installed forward controls. He has a '92 FXRT, mine is a '92 FXRS Low Rider. I have been looking for slightly taller bars for my bike. After talking to Murf, he said he had a set of 8" bars that are even equipped with the air chamber for the front suspension (which is what I needed). I asked him how much he wanted for them, he said "you can have them, just pay the shipping charges". I said I would gladly give him whatever he thought was fair, he wouldn't hear of it. He got my shipping address & sure enough I just received them today. They are EXACTLY the height that I'm lookining for & with the air chamber equipped.......WOW!! So again, I say Thank you Murf.

P.S.: This forum definitely has the best & nicest people you could ever meet.
    I've never met Murf in person, but there is just a good friendship
    formed because of HDTalking. It just don't get any better than this.

2. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Excellent! It doesn't get much better than this place while you can't be out riding.

3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

ATTABOY' Murf!!!! :superman

4. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

The information and help on this site is Priceless !!

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

The information is great, the help is great. The members are priceless. That was a great pay it forward.

6. Gas Gauge

Gas Gauge Junior Member

Right On Murf, thanks for being what it's all about!