free website stats program 98 " twin cam results | Harley Davidson Forums

98 " twin cam results

largecar91

Normally a lot of these posts are about problems. Mine is to say I finally got around to doing the bigbore 98" my 2003 88" Ultra. I started breaking it in yesterday and I can't believe the difference! I Had over 107,000 miles on her and it still ran good but was starting to use just a little oil. I bought a nice set of late model heads that are ported, and Chambers polished and have nice valves and springs, compression releases. Then I sent my cylinders to Jims in NC to be bored and fitted with Carillo forged pistons. We ordered 10.75:1 pistons(my combustion chambers are 89cc). I have a JM20 cam(Andrews 24). I also ordered new Rush 2 into 1 header. PC 3 tuner with a map I decided to try(It is about the perfect Map). I was worried the cam might not work well in a 98 with some compression but this thing is a different bike. No bogs or hesitation just smooth Torque and it sounds great. I haven't ran it very hard yet since it's not broke in yes but it pulls like a horse from 1500-4000+. I am sure the cam will die after around 4500-4800 but I don't ride up there anyway. In high gear at 30 or 40 just crank the throttle and it pulls hard. I have ridden 103's, 107's, a 120R and mine pulls awesome.( not saying it's going to run with my buddies 120 But now I can keep in sight a whole lot longer).

Back