free website stats program '93 FXR Charging Question. Help ! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

'93 FXR Charging Question. Help !

Neat idea. From the picture it's hard to tell how it keeps the stator and VR plugs together.

The hole you see mounts to a motor mount bolt, the other end pushes against the stator plug to keep it from popping out:s

Coupla hundred miles so far and she's still charging perfectly. Guess that new VR was bad right out of the box, or I somehow messed it up with that bad splice I initially did. This time I ran the wire all the way back to the circuit breaker.

Or pushes the stator plug back into the primary! Thanks.

Coupla hundred miles so far and she's still charging perfectly. Guess that new VR was bad right out of the box, or I somehow messed it up with that bad splice I initially did. This time I ran the wire all the way back to the circuit breaker.

:s Good Deal, is your Stator plug oily? If not the plug retainer is still a good idea JMO Good Luck

:s Hope this keeps you trouble free now, you will know by checking the battery voltage:s

Yeah...every time I pull back into the garage I leave her running and measure the voltage while she's running. Guess this will stop once I'm confident that all is well. I also honk the horn every once in awhile as that was what was telling me she was discharging.

Yeah...every time I pull back into the garage I leave her running and measure the voltage while she's running. Guess this will stop once I'm confident that all is well. I also honk the horn every once in awhile as that was what was telling me she was discharging.

:s SMILE looks like ya got it:D How tight is your binder and do you have an idler or does your tranny have a slider, just curious:s

Back