free website stats program 88Twin Blown Motor | Harley Davidson Forums

88Twin Blown Motor

jwhulon

Hi Fellows
I have an 05 Softail That Broke the oil pump Gear and Screwed up the Crank
Was Wanting some input on build it or by a HD Reman Engine? Never worked on Harley'S But have 30 years Wrenching on Big Truck's
I was looking at The Upgrade to 1550 Big bore From Hd About $3500 wasn't sure If i could upgrade power and build the 88 for less, I see there seems to be a lot of Special Tooling you need to work on these Girls Any Help would be Appreciated

Hi Fellows
I have an 05 Softail That Broke the oil pump Gear and Screwed up the Crank
Was Wanting some input on build it or by a HD Reman Engine? Never worked on Harley'S But have 30 years Wrenching on Big Truck's
I was looking at The Upgrade to 1550 Big bore From Hd About $3500 wasn't sure If i could upgrade power and build the 88 for less, I see there seems to be a lot of Special Tooling you need to work on these Girls Any Help would be Appreciated

Did the camshoes cause this? Just wondering. I do not have input on the build

Good Luck

If you want to keep your original vin on the motor I would go with The MOCO reman program JMO

what is the cost on the reman, and don,t they do extra stuff on like an 2000 which would be like roller bearings instead of ball bearings, upgraded oil pump and the hydraulic cam tensioners?

Please note in the link Glider provided. It indicates that high performance cams installed in the engines sent to HD for the Reman Program WILL NOT be reinstalled or returned!!

Call HD to confirm this. You may want to have the Dealership pull your cams BEFORE sending the engine off.

TQ

Back