free website stats program 88B CAM PLATE | Harley Davidson Forums

88B CAM PLATE

algoma

HI
My buddy's 2001 heritage classic's cam plate has bought the farm after 168000 km.The bearings are floating in the plate holes.Harley no longer supplies the plate.You have to buy the hydraulic tension kit, big $$ for old bike.Hard to believe but we changed the chain tensioners and reassembled the bike and it ran all summer.We decided to buy a used plate on ebay to do the repair.The add says plate fits dyna, softail ,touring and road king from 1999- 2006 and I'm pretty sure only softails have B motors.
The casting # on the ebay plate is 25245-00.I can,t compare with the # on the original since it's in the bike till next spring.Can anyone tell me if 25245-00 is for B engine so I can order before it's sold.

Thanks

The add is correct; no cam plate difference between models through 2006. Even if you found a new one at a dealer, it would cost more than the SE Hybrid conversion kit (25284-11); that was the idea.

The PN for the early cam plate is 25267-99B and the casting number is 25245-00; you have found the right cam plate. With that many miles I would likely be replacing the oil pump and the lifters as well.

The add is correct; no cam plate difference between models through 2006. Even if you found a new one at a dealer, it would cost more than the SE Hybrid conversion kit (25284-11); that was the idea.

The PN for the early cam plate is 25267-99B and the casting number is 25245-00; you have found the right cam plate. With that many miles I would likely be replacing the oil pump and the lifters as well.

Thanks Dolt
There's a video on you tube that shows the procedure to change cams and tensioners on 1999-2006 softails and the guy says to make sure you get the right cam plate if it needs changing.He has two plates that look the same at a glance then shows the extra hole in the plate to lube the balancer in the B engine.The one on ebay looks just like the one he is working on.Thanks for the info_Ordering from ebay pronto!

Back