free website stats program 883 To 1200 Conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

883 To 1200 Conversion

I'm considering the purchase of a 2005 HD Sportster 883C that is stated to have had the 1200 kit conversion. Is there any way to visually confirm that this 1200 conversion has been done?

Just running next to another 883 and see Who is left in the dust would usually show...

A converted 883 to 1200 USUALLY, if done correctly, WILL Out perform in the first two or three gears,,,No need to get a ticket or race Unsafe here.:devil

883 bikes have a lower gear ratio then a 1200, So when converted to 1200's, usually will KNOCK the shocks off a stock factory 1200 in short order.:lero

signed....BUBBIE

I want to know VISUAL signs, something(s) you cal LOOK at to identify the conversion. (I.e. Some detail of engine configuration that indicates that the 1200 kit is installed.) Your reply is appreciated but does not answer my question.

I want to know VISUAL signs, something(s) you cal LOOK at to identify the conversion. (I.e. Some detail of engine configuration that indicates that the 1200 kit is installed.) Your reply is appreciated but does not answer my question.

Pull off the head and measure the Piston.... 3" for 883 and 3.5" for 1200...

That is the only way I know.

The answer I gave you in Previous Posting IS the Easiest way.. AND Accurate.

Good luck trying another.

signed....BUBBIE

Back