free website stats program 88 96 103 | Harley Davidson Forums

88 96 103

plow boy

I have ,heads ,cams ,intake ,pistons and breather from a 103 just wandering if any of these will fit the 88 and 96.

The heads will work on any of them the only caveat is the year of the bike the heads go on and the motor mount. 2008 and up touring have the mount machined into the front of the front head. Earlier models spanned across the left side of both heads. You will have to use the intake flanges off the newer model too. I think the rule of thumb is the newer ones work on older bikes but the older ones will not work on the newer bikes without machining of the motor mount area.

The rest of the list I have no idea.

My thought is if trying to determine a power increase with installing the heads to a stock engine IE the 103 on any of the other engines, the amount of gain without properly upgrading combustion chamber is going to be nil results and quite a waste of time....

Thanks Bodeen and dbmg ,These parts came off a 2014 SG with only about 1000 mi .I was hoping that I could help a friend out. Thanks again and have a good day.

My thought is if trying to determine a power increase with installing the heads to a stock engine IE the 103 on any of the other engines, the amount of gain without properly upgrading combustion chamber is going to be nil results and quite a waste of time....

It's no secret that the newer heads flow better than the early heads (before 05). On that alone they may perform better. However if trying to collect parts for a build, this is a great way to go. Even if you had a head with an issue and you didnt want to spend a fortune to get the bike running again, this may be a way to go.....

Back