73 FLH Police Special

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by FoxMulder, Jul 26, 2011.

1. FoxMulder

FoxMulder New Member

I am a new member living in Australia and I am looking for a lead on a 73 FLH Police Special that has been advertsied for sale a few times recently in the USA, most recently at Mecum Auto Auctions Spring Classic but the bike didn't sell and was taken off the market. I suspect the bike is well known, it is a beautiful custom machine and winning show bike with 2 gibson guitars to its credit. The bike can be viewed on the web at (Mecum Actions lot F315.1 Harley FLH Police Special 73 ). This posting is a bit of a long shot but any tips on getting just an email address or telephone number for the owner would be greatly appreciated. If I cant buy the bike I am keen to build one and discuss some of bike details. Here's hoping, John from Australia.

2. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Re: Fox Mulder

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest. Did you try to contact the auction house? With a lot number you should be able to get an owner name at the least.

3. Shifter

Shifter Active Member

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

John

I moved your post to the proper area.

The area you posted in (members meeting members) was for an entirely different subject.

5. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

I guess I would have expected it to be in the police color scheme and restored to it's functional duty status. Still a very nice bike.

6. FoxMulder

FoxMulder New Member

Thanks for your help with this. I tried the Auction House but privacy Laws being what they are I wasn't able to get anything more than a message that the bike had been passed in and withdrawn from sale. This forum was the next option and I suppose the worst I can do is get access to some helpful people with some great information on Harleys. But not all bad, while I am searching the Aussie dollar has just broken through $1.10 US, great news given it was .60c only 2 years back. Get ready for a heap of aussie tourists drinking your Buds and driving up Route 66.