free website stats program 73 FLH Police Special | Harley Davidson Forums

73 FLH Police Special

FoxMulder

I am a new member living in Australia and I am looking for a lead on a 73 FLH Police Special that has been advertsied for sale a few times recently in the USA, most recently at Mecum Auto Auctions Spring Classic but the bike didn't sell and was taken off the market. I suspect the bike is well known, it is a beautiful custom machine and winning show bike with 2 gibson guitars to its credit. The bike can be viewed on the web at (Mecum Actions lot F315.1 Harley FLH Police Special 73 ). This posting is a bit of a long shot but any tips on getting just an email address or telephone number for the owner would be greatly appreciated. If I cant buy the bike I am keen to build one and discuss some of bike details. Here's hoping, John from Australia.

Re: Fox Mulder

I am a new member living in Australia and I am looking for a lead on a 73 FLH Police Special that has been advertsied for sale a few times recently in the USA, most recently at Mecum Auto Auctions Spring Classic but the bike didn't sell and was taken off the market. I suspect the bike is well known, it is a beautiful custom machine and winning show bike with 2 gibson guitars to its credit. The bike can be viewed on the web at (Mecum Actions lot F315.1 Harley FLH Police Special 73 ). This posting is a bit of a long shot but any tips on getting just an email address or telephone number for the owner would be greatly appreciated. If I cant buy the bike I am keen to build one and discuss some of bike details. Here's hoping, John from Australia.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest. Did you try to contact the auction house? With a lot number you should be able to get an owner name at the least.

John

I moved your post to the proper area.

The area you posted in (members meeting members) was for an entirely different subject.

I guess I would have expected it to be in the police color scheme and restored to it's functional duty status. Still a very nice bike.

Thanks for your help with this. I tried the Auction House but privacy Laws being what they are I wasn't able to get anything more than a message that the bike had been passed in and withdrawn from sale. This forum was the next option and I suppose the worst I can do is get access to some helpful people with some great information on Harleys. But not all bad, while I am searching the Aussie dollar has just broken through $1.10 US, great news given it was .60c only 2 years back. Get ready for a heap of aussie tourists drinking your Buds and driving up Route 66.

Back