7" Wednesday and rode today

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Amish Hawg, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Amish Hawg

Amish Hawg Active Member Contributor

A good first run of the year today. I'm not accustomed to the sand on the road. Just went a tad slower. Pretty weird getting 7" of snow Wednesday night, having it all gone Thursday and riding today at 59 degrees.

I'm thinking riding season is here. :newsmile108:

Y'all be safe out there.

2. weldbead

weldbead Member

im glad for you. havent ridden in two months, lots of snowsaltsand.but this weeks supposed to be over 40 every day so im lookin for soon..be safe on that sand..

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Its supposed to be in the 50's all next week so maybe winter is finally over around here in Pittsburgh....
    It sure has been a long winter.:(

4. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Supposed to be in the 50's here by wed. Hard to believe as I sit here looking at the 2+ feet of snow in my backyard.
    Glad you got out and rode.:)

5. coopernicus

coopernicus Junior Member Contributor

fifties here all next week...gonna put new cams in next sat and take her for a test ride:D

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

It has been a long and strange winter this year, be careful out there with that loose sand

7. weldbead

weldbead Member

hooray..today i took first ride since first week of january..wore my new leather overpants and gloves that i bought in jan and havent been able to wear..everyone be careful..

8. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I've rode on and off all winter here in Colorado. 70's this weekend, guess what I'll be doing!:small3d026:

9. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Bike will stay in shed till I am not washing salt off the car, hopefully soon however can have white fluffy rain in may here

Brian

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

That's what I like about Colorado, they don't use salt and use very little sand. It snows 1 day and melts the next.