free website stats program 6 speed tranny in 2001 roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

6 speed tranny in 2001 roadking

will a 2008 HD tranny from a electra glide fit on a 2001 roadking? what mods do I need, bigger sprocket on main shaft and longer shaft? or what

I know the SE 6 speed OD trans gear set can be installed in early models so I assume the standard 6 speed gear set from the '08 model can be installed in the '03 trans case with modifications. I don't believe the cases can be swapped but could be wrong as the frame change did not occur until '09. So, that's the question, will the cases swap; if not, the gear set swap would be the way to go. The SE six speed comes with a template for the case modification and it's a one way trip; once modified the original 5 speed cannot be re-installed. IIRC, the trans pulley must be changed; I think the 6 speed main shaft is a different diameter but not sure; I do know the part numbers are different. If you want an affordable 6 speed, take a look at the Rev Tech 6 speed gear set; no case modifications and affordable; don't laugh, it is a good piece of hardware.

Back