free website stats program 45k mile wide glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

45k mile wide glide

The KBB site is only used as a guide to prices. Market value in todays times will vary one way or the other according to a few things .

Well I actually looked at 2 bikes today. The first one was 2000 WG with 22k miles. The first thing I noticed was the bike was dirty. Then after claiming to have just replaced the battery, she wouldn't start. I came back later in the day and he had the bat charged and she started right up. Then the guy tells me that he doesn't have insurance on the bike and he won't allow me to test drive it. Guys says his wife is making him sell it. I don't think he wants to make a deal. Maybe if he gets down on his knees and begs she will give him his (EDITED) back LOL! After work I checked out the bike with 45k miles on it. This bike is showroom clean. Having never driven a Harley before, I definately understand the draw. I put about 10 miles on her, lots of fun!!! The bike definately looks like it has been taken care of. The owner has just had it in for a 45k inspection, and gave me the number to the shop where it has been maintained. I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. I am definately leaning towards the latter bike. If all goes well might start the offer at $7,000 and see where it ends up. Will keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks again guys

Tom

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Got my 02 Wide Glide 3 years ago this June with 32k,12grand Canadian for runs great and it's a nice clean Harley,im real happy it'my first HD. Take Gliders advice and check the cam tensioners, its great advice, Good luck!!! orv2485......Ian...

Gonna see it tomorrow after work. I was talking witha guy from work, he thinks $8,000 is pretty steep. Any thoughts?

I just sold a 97 Dyna Wide Glide for $10,250 after being up for sale for one day and it had 40k miles on it. The buyer didn't ask for a lower price. The bike was top notch, not one Blem in paint and had all and I mean all maintenance records. I did install new tires and completed a primo clean job on it. (of course it had just about every do-dad on it too!) I think $8,000 for a great clean bike that had been maintained is a good price.
Ugly John

We settled on $7600. Pretty bummed right now, banktook forever to clear the loan. Will be picking it up Monday.

We settled on $7600. Pretty bummed right now, banktook forever to clear the loan. Will be picking it up Monday.

well banks are being very tight with money now days
don't get bummed just think monday you'll be headed down the highway on YOUR harley! i think you got a fair deal on the bike

Back