free website stats program 4 Point Docking Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

4 Point Docking Kit

glider.

BOT Machine
"Firestpr" posted this about the 4 point docking kit installation on his 09 RKC.

I wanted Docking hardware for my 09 Road King Classic for a detachable Sissy Bar (2 post). I purchased it, installed it and a couple days later I see dents in the lids of the leather bags. I figured it out that the lids are hitting the post on the docking hardware each time I open the bags. I thought that Harley messed up. I called the Dealer and they told me that I should have purchased a hinge stop kit. There was no answer when I asked " Why didn't you tell me about the Hinge Stop Kit when I bought the Docking Hardware".
So heads up if you don't want dents in your new bags, get the hinge stop kit.

Hey Mr. Data, I am about to install a 4 point docking kit to my new 2010 Street Glide. If you do not mind I would like to ask a few questions from someone that has done this before I tackle it.

The dealer cautioned me that this was very difficult and the fender and struts will shift and makes the installation very difficult. I feel this is b/s and they want the money to install. This seems so straight forward. I plan to take my time and do one side at a time.

Did you have any issues with the fender dropping/shiftinig etc/? Did the holes line up ok? And would you recommend dealer install, or tackle it myself. I am pretty mechanical, work on and winterize my own ski boat etc. Just wanted insight from someone that has done this. Thanks in advance.

I had to do the same things to get the luggage rack on my Heritage. My buddy has his Street Glide parked in my shop for winter so I looked at it and it's the same as mine. I did mine one side at a time and had no trouble at all putting it on. It sounds like you can handle a wrench so you should have no problem. The dealer shops are slow this time of year and looking for work.

I installed a 4 point docking kit on my bike three months ago. It took only about 45 minutes and that was with bag removal and replacement. Add to that the fact that I am a mechanical idiot.:p

Forget the stealer do it one side at a time, follow diretions and you will have no problems.

Back