free website stats program 3 sisters | Harley Davidson Forums

3 sisters

rexver

planning a trip from Emory,tx- to 3 sisters Oct 1-3 iam going to stay in Fredricksburg was wondering is there any good eating on the 3 sisters route, a good place to stop about halfway for lunch ? what about fuel is there plenty of places ?

The Bent Rim at Frio Canyon M/C store is good, BBQ place on HWY 83, and a mexican rest. all in town of Leaky. Hailf way point on three sisters ride. Fuel spots no prob.

I am heading there in mid Sept from McKinney, TX with two other riders, none of us have been there before or know anything about the ride. I would welcome any advice from anyone who has been there before regarding any aspect of the ride, where to stay, crowded roads, safety, etc. thanks in advance.

Great ride, did it last year, only issue I can remember were patches of lose gravel/sand in some spots...Bent Rim good burgers/fries/cold brews...

Rode them early this year.

From Leakey, get on RR 337 towards Camp Wood. About a half mile of so you will find the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop. Stop and get a bite to eat, something to drink, and browse the store. You can get the authentic "Twisted Sisters" T-shirt here.
wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
IMG_1626.JPG

Better to stay in Fredricksburg, or Kerrville?

I usually stay in my 5th wheel at the Pioneer River Resort in Bandera. If you stop in Bandera, there is a small restaurant called the "Fool Moon". If you like good food and wine, do not pass this up.

Back