free website stats program 2450 CC Heritage Ultra Coming ????? | Harley Davidson Forums

2450 CC Heritage Ultra Coming ?????

CoyDog

See the attached snippet from an EPA filing by the Motor Company. Ths particular filing details a 2000 cc and 2450 cc water cooled engine for a new engine family name of 8HDXC2.45AEE for a couple models called FLHTRSHCE and FLHTR-SE-9.

Its a few years old, so if these are coming down the pike . . . . . .

Has anyone heard any rumblings about a HERITAGE ULTRA?

HeritageUltra.jpg

Trying to keep up with Triumph? Can't recall the displacement on their big triple but it's a bunch!

I had heard about a liquid cooled model proposed by the motor company...did you happen to check the weight on these models...582 Kg=1282 lbs...talk about a led sled...it's going to need that 112 cubes and every bit of the 98 hp just to get these things rollin:panic

That might steer me away as my 08 Ultra is about the maximum weight of a bike that I want to be holding up especially with a passenger which I cruise with often.

The Rocket lll engine is 2294 cc in size.

If HD puts out a 2000 cc and 2450 cc engine thats 122 CI and 150 CI respectivley.
Wonder how they will counter balance all that extra weight.
If I remember correctly Honda's VTX has a 30 or 60 lb counterbalance just to smooth things out.

If they ever get this bike off the ground I sure hopes it DOES NOT end up looking like Honda'a RUNE. That was one ugly looking bike (My opinion only)

BIGGER MAY NOT ALWAYS BE BETTER UNLESS YOUR DRAG RACING. Its a shame that HD cant put more effort in improving what they have without having to buy aftermarket products .

I had heard about a liquid cooled model proposed by the motor company...did you happen to check the weight on these models...582 Kg=1282 lbs...talk about a led sled...it's going to need that 112 cubes and every bit of the 98 hp just to get these things rollin:panic

and a set of strong legs. :D

I use to own a Honda VTX 1300, and it was plenty heavy. It was ok when you had it up on two wheels, but man lay it down, and it was a bear to pickup. I just got my 2nd Harley after oh 25 years. I rode HD way back in the early 70's, but boy had HD come along way. I now have a 2005 EG Standard, and it to me is a way better ride than the VTX 1300 and 1800 ever was.

Yea HD just needs to improve on what they have now. Don't try to copy the others, be different. Ain't that what the HD Video is all about? Going a Different Road. That is why I came back to HD.....To Be Different.:bigsmiley11:

Back