free website stats program 2019 heritage 114 tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2019 heritage 114 tires

OK I got a 2020 spokes,so from what I've seen.If HD has a rim marked tubeless from the factory,it won't have a tube in it.Unmarked it will have a tube.Not that it really matters,all flats require a truck for me.Unless it's a short way,and I can limp along.

A couple of edits required to my previous; reread it but too late to edit my errors.

I don't know from when but do know that there are two type spoked rims; smooth/profile and ridged. General rule has been that smooth rims run tubeless and ridged rims require tubes; don't know for sure but that is the general consensus across the various forums. If an HD spoked rim can be run tubeless, the rim will have a label that identifies the rim as tubeless; see the attached photo which shows that a threaded metal valve stem with a nut does not necessarily guarantee a tube. Also note that the rim appears to be a "smoothie" and the label includes the MTM designation vice the MT designation on a rim requiring a tube.

If I were the OP, I would check the rim for the tubeless label and if there is no tubeless label, HD sells liners for about $25 to convert some spoked rim that require a tube to a tubeless rim which is much easier than the processes I have used in the past to seal a spoked rim. However, if a liner is not available for the OPs front rim there are a variety of DIY conversion solutions n the internet. A front flat with a tubed tire will result in a call for a tow. Where I ride in the hill country of south Texas, that means sitting by the road side for hours waiting for the road side assistance which is not an option for me.;)
Ok that settles it. My rim is identical to the one in your pic (except it’s black), found the markings on the rim, however a weight is covering where the tubeless marking should be. So I loosened the nut and pushed the valve stem in, there was definitely air escaping which I’m sure wouldn’t be happening if it was a tube. So I’m 99% sure it’s tubeless. A lot of confusion around this even at the dealership when I called them. Thanks for all your input
View attachment 19020 IIRC, HD has been supplying tube and tubless spoked rims for a while; some say since '14 and some say earlier. I don't know from when but do know that there are two type spoked rims; smooth and profile. I have read that smooth rims require tubes and profile rims can go tubeless and I have read visa versa. :confused: again, don't know for sure. However, if an HD spoked rim can be run tubeless, the rim will have a label that identifies the rim as tubeless; see the attached photo which shows that a threaded metal valve stem with a nut does not necessarily guarantee a tube.

If I were the OP, I would check the rim for the tubeless label and if there is no tubeless label, HD sells liners for about $25 to convert a spoked rim that requires a tube to a tubeless rim which is much easier than the processes I have used in the past to seal a spoked rim. A front flat with a tubed tire will result in a call for a tow. Where I ride in the hill country of south Texas, that means sitting by the road side for hours waiting for the road side assistance which is not an option for me.;)

The OP can let most of the iare out of the tire; loosen the nut and if the valve stem can be moved up/down, there is a tube. Most will say running a tube in a tubeless tire is not a good practice as it over heats the tire

Back