free website stats program 2017 or 2018? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2017 or 2018?

You have Me mixed up with someone else.I use Formula plus.I was concerned with using any thing else, because it would mix with the Formula plus in the primary.Been in the shop for a month.Mostly waiting for extended warranty to authorize $3000 repair.Parts should arrive this week.They are replacing the gear set worth $2000.
Holy cow.Didn't you say it was the 1st time you were getting an extended warranty? Yeah redline hadda be someone else.

[QUOTE="Harttoo]I have the transfer issue.First noticed at 10000 miles.Gear grinding while shifting.24,000 on her now and third gear stripped.In the shop right now for rebuild.

Assume they are going to fix the migration issue as well?? $25 seal. Make sure they do this and refer to the tech bulletin; don't have the number.[/QUOTE]
You'd think they had to,no? Isn't the migration thing trans migrating to primary?So you get an overfilled primary,and not enough in the trans to bathe the gears?

Last edited by a moderator:
jamesearl said:
You'd think they had to,no? Isn't the migration thing trans migrating to primary?So you get an overfilled primary,and not enough in the trans to bathe the gears?

Yes, yes and yeas to the above. The tech bulletin is TA 0022 and apparently the fix is a new seal for one of the side covers. The problem seems to be vacuum pulling the trans fluid into the primary. Some have tried venting the primary but the only way trans fluid can migrate from the trans to the primary is via the hollow clutch push rod. There is a guy marketing a solid push rod as well.

One would assume that the dealer would "fix" the problem but if I was Hartoo, I would be calling their attention to the above referenced tech bulletin. You would be surprise how many HD techs are not even aware that the problem exists.:eek:

My experience with dealerships is they'll fix what you brought it in for or any recalls that apply but to them a service bulletin isn't worth the paper it's written on.

As dolt said, bring it to their attention and be persistent.

Good info... I thought that when I got the secondary clutch actuator factory recall done that the dealership would have taken care of a paltry known issue. Mine has not had problems and I regularly stress her out... I mean daily...There is never a day that I don't hit the ECM max speed of 115. It don't care it the scoot is in 4th 5th or 6th gear, that's what I get but every day I check my fluids and air pressure in the tires. Everything is stable here on this front.

Back