2012 Streetbob security light comes on while riding

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by JaysonP, Jan 25, 2016.

1. JaysonP

JaysonP Member

seems every now and then the security light will come on for a while while I'm riding then go off again, any suggestions what this may be, is it a short somewhere on the bike??

2. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Try replacing the battery in the key fob, I believe that can happen when the battery starts going bad.

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

+1, that was my fix.

4. JaysonP

JaysonP Member

Cool, will give that a try, just looking at previous issues that may have been the same it pointed to a short in the indicators, I thought the battery in my FOB was newish, but will give this a try, thanks guys

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

It's the ex Firefighter in me, but I make a point to swap all crucial battery-powered devices every October (e.g. FOBs, keypads, smoke/CO2 detectors...). This way everything's covered...hope OP's battery fixes the trick.

6. JaysonP

JaysonP Member

Thanks guys, looks to be the FOB battery alright, swapped out and works fine..... for now :)

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

8. JaysonP

JaysonP Member

Thanks Jack, that was helpful, I use my bike everyday so it's probably worth changing every 6 months with a button less FOB

9. JaysonP

JaysonP Member

Ok, found out the real reason for the light coming on, front brake was not returning correctly when pulled on so the brake light was staying on, this causes the light to come up on the dash, who would have thought, a bit of CRC on the spring and everything working well now with no more light on the dash....

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Good find and thanks for the update.
    That should help someone in the future.:)