free website stats program 2012 Nightster Slipons & New Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Nightster Slipons & New Seat

israguard

Good morning everyone,
So the Dealer called to let me know my 2012 Nightster has just come in. Not much I can do with it now in the Montreal snow/cold... but its nice to know its here for April 1st delivery.

I have yet to hear a Nightster run with stock pipes. But, like all Harley owners, I suspect I will be adding new slip ons to get a better sound / "growl".

On my Streetglide I have Reinhart slip ons which are great. Nice sound and not too loud. However, I dont think they cater to the Nightster.

I looked at Vance & Hines which I also had a while back on my Nightrod. They were LOUD.. a bit too loud. I don't want to wake up the entire neighbourhood nor upset folks... I just want a bit more "growl".

Salesrep at Dealership has his own side business and he suggested I check out "RC Components".. I know nothing of them. What is important to me is good sound but not deafening and quality. Ideally... I'd like made in USA and not China.

Lastly, should I wait on ordering a new seat ?. Or like many HD models... this one is bad ?. I was looking a "La Pera" who I am told are great and have some beautiful embroided designs. I have a Corbin on Streetglide but would like to try someone else.

Thanks for any all input you can give me.

Rgds, Shawn

if its the RC components i know they make Wheels predominatley which would sort suggest that the pipes are possibly made under license by some one else

Super trapp/D&D/Cobra make nice pipes and slipons for the sporty - me i had V&H slipons on one sporty they have a nice rumble and aint to loud - its when you go full system the sporty wakes up :D

Can't really help you with the slip ons for the Nightster. I'd run it stock until you see and hear something you like in person and get what you like.

As for the seat. I have a Le Pera bare bones solo. It's firm but, very comfortable. I also took the stock seat and installed a gel pad and it's a lot better.

I've yet to hear of anyone praise their stock seat.

Cheers!!!!

Sean

Cycle shack makes a nice variety of mufflers for Sportys. They are made in the USA and are pretty reasonably priced. I went with thesundowner seat from HD on my 08 XL1200R, but it is a 2 up seat and I don't think it would like decent on a nightster. A decent free flow air cleaner, some nice slip on mufflers and a fuel tuner will make your Sportster run worlds better. There is a lot of differnet companies out there that make HD parts. Try Dennis Kirk and J&P Cycles. They list lots and lots of extras for Harleys. Good luck and have fun with the new bike!!

Hi everyone,
I ordered a LePera solo today.. Leather, gel and embroidered design. Wasn't cheap but I'm confident it will be worth the investment.

The only thing I must decide on now is the slip ons

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Rinehart used to make slipons for the Sportster line but, I believe they discontinued them 2 seasons ago.

I'll put up a pic once I have enough posts.

latest003-1.jpg

Changing the heat shields to black for this year

Last edited by a moderator:
But, like all Harley owners, I suspect I will be adding new slip ons to get a better sound / "growl".

Not all. I am ordering the D&D Bobcat with the freerer flowing muffler just to get better flow for when I install the heads, cams, 1250 kit. :p

+1 on the Cycle Shack mufflers, I love mine - good flow, great tone, reasonable priced, neighbors don't hate me.

Back