free website stats program 2011 RKC upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 RKC upgrade

Hi just wanted to share the following info. I just recently (last weekend) put a heavy breather SE air filter and Power Commander V unit mapped with this change. I noticed what i would call a big difference in power and performance. I easily reach 70MPH in third gear with plenty of throttle left and very surprised to find i am not shifting into 5th gear so quickly as the speed and rpms seem to be smooth in 4th at 50-60mph. I have V&H power duals and rinehart slip ons to still put on the bike. Question-does anyone know for a fact that i will gain more performance (plus i will dyno tune the bike at that point) particulary low end torq 2-4 gear and hopefully some more torq in 5th?
would appreciate any feedback.

I have to say that the fuel map i downloaded - i have not notice or heard backfire, knocking, pinging, or anything else. PCV seems to work fine.

What you will gain verses the cost for just a HP or two would not justify the cost of the dyno.

so you are saying that the cost of new pipes and exhaust are not worth the money-if torque, horsepower is what you are seeking?

so you are saying that the cost of new pipes and exhaust are not worth the money-if torque, horsepower is what you are seeking?

No, I think you misunderstood what I said. The upgrades are worth the money, they dyno for your bike isn't worth the money for the gain over what you have now with the PC unit being it has a map for your add ons. Just can't justify the cost of the dyno for an additional maybe 1-2 HP over what you have now. True it would be a custom map for your bike if done properly by a qualified tech and it may run just a tad smoother also if done right, but look at the cost for the minimal gain you would get. If you have cash flowing out of every pocket and need a dyno sheet to show your results to friends then go for it otherwise use your money better for something you want.

Harleys in near stock form have great torque and don't need dyno tuning unless you intend to run against a clock at the strip where it would count.

alright, thanks for your feedback. I understand now. The Dealership quoted 3hrs at $75 per hour. I have heard similiar comments as yours regarding the value gained for dyno tuning.

The dyno tuning is usually suggested by the dealer along with a sale of their tuner which will usually run about $1000 +/-. It's a sales pitch with some that suggest that you need it and IMO it's just to increase their bottom line. What you are running will do the job almost as well at a minimal cost.

My 07 RKC has a PCIII with a custom tune and I love it..I however did not pay for the tune and if something happened that the tune was lost or I would upgrade cams, heads, big bore or something of that nature.I would not pay to have it redone. I would Just use a pre canned map. Though it is nice and I feel It does run better that the preset tune, it does not in my opinion justify the cost..

Performance exhaust gain 5HP. High flow air cleaner gain another 5HP. And these are approx figures. Why run the risk of excessive wear dynoing bike. If wanting big HP and torque going internal engine mods will be needed.... So I would say leave it as it is, and use the additional dyno money for gas and go riding and enjoy your mods you have done....:s

Back