free website stats program 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Exhaust system | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Exhaust system

Smitty2u

Just got this scooter and want to get a better sound. I am considering replacing the slip on mufflers. Any suggestions as to which slip ons have a better sound? I also asked the dealer if they thought I would need a race tuner or not. They thought I would not. They sighted 3 reasons. It already has a Screaming Eagle intake, it has oxygen sensors in the exhaust system, and there's a catalytic converter already in place which will give the engine back pressure. Thoughts on these two items would be welcomed.
Smitty

Ask 100 people about pipes/slip ons and you'll get 100 opinions. Depends on exactly what you mean by "better sound." I wanted a deeper rumble at idle and under power but not too much louder so I went with the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers and I love them.

Smitty thats one good looking bike. what I did was install vance and hines monter ovals not loud great rumble and you know better then most you need to get the cats out of the head pipes and install the PCV with auto tune and your ready to go.

Try you tube for exhaust sound bites, may also check your local dealer, they hang after market exhaust on a lot of display models:s

Well I started with D&D Police interceptor mufflers and they sound great not to loud but when you jump on her you know it.
The problem is I didn't stop there. I then bought a ThunderMax auto tune and an intake for better air flow, now she runs great but it wasn't cheap.

Bill

Motorcycle nowadays have a catalytic converter to reduce exhaust emissions. They used to be in the mufflers which were easily removed Harley has put them in the crossover pipe which makes it harder to remove. The recommendation that Smitty901 is making is that the EPA may mandate that all converter vehicles must have cats install or owner may receive a heavy fine.. Hope this helps.

HowStuffWorks "How Catalytic Converters Work"

Smitty........I got an 09 CVO Screamin Punk-in, my pride and joy. Couple o things......1st your gonna find that until ya do something with the Cat System, the sound isn't going to improve much. There's just too much exhaust restriction.
2nd the stock ECM will work but you might get a little more pop on decel than normal once your free the exhaust up, a new tuner will also allow you to optimize your fuel ratio giving you more HP and Torque, re-set your rev limiter to 6200 rpm and probobly make your motor run cooler, that's a BIG plus on that 110.
I'd look into the new Reinhart 4" CVO slip ons too..........cool stuff.

Back