free website stats program 2011 ABS brake line | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 ABS brake line

RUSHMORE_14

I want to replace stock line with stainless line.....
Can I get away with not removing the tank? If not, is it a big job to remove it?
WAP.gif

Tank is very easy to remove if You follow service manual.You have to remove screws at console and mounting screws for tank. Gas line is a quick fitting.Best to run gas low before removing ,so tank is not so heavy or gas sloshing around when moving.

Tank is very easy to remove if You follow service manual.You have to remove screws at console and mounting screws for tank. Gas line is a quick fitting.Best to run gas low before removing ,so tank is not so heavy or gas sloshing around when moving.

Thanks for the input Hartoo, I'm in the process right now. Stock lines will work but I like the look of stainless.

I think you'll have a WHOLE NEW Can of Worms when you replace the ABS Brake lines...

Check with a dealer and ASK them what you need to do when doing the line change...

My understanding IS that you can not even Bleed a line without special tool that their shops have...

Check First OR be Sorry Later.:(

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE is corrected!

In my 2010 Touring Service manual and it says...

WARNING

Any time the ABS module, either master cylinder, or any
line between a master cylinder and the ABS module is
disconnected or replaced, Digital Technician II must be
used during the brake bleeding procedure to verify all air
is removed from the system. Failure to do so could result
in air in the hydraulic brake system, reducing brake effi-
ciency, which could result in death or serious injury.
(00585b)

BUBBIE is right! You better check with dealer first.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks!

Looks nice and read somewhere that it improves performance. Still have stock lines on, just re-routed them (clutch, brake). Still work with new bars. I bought the stainless lines, but found out that stock ones work fine.
WAP.gif

Back