free website stats program 2010 FLHX Street glide misfire code P0374 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLHX Street glide misfire code P0374

futurecreations

Hello everyone, I have a 2010 FLHX Street Glide with Vance and Hines power dual exhaust with monster oval slip-ons, Vance and Hines V02 Drak Air Intake Kit and Dynojet Power Vision programmer.

I Was driving along and my bike started to misfire no warning it happened all of a sudden. Made it home and checked DTC and P0374 (CKP sensor synch error) was up. Changed CKP sensor and still doing the same. Cleared the code and took it for a test ride P0374 came back. Did all continuity tests on CKP sensor wiring and everything checks OK no shorts. In the electrical diagnostic manual it says that this code could also be a bad TMAP sensor. When engine is cold, it idles fine for aprrox 5 mins until engine is warmed up and then starts to idle rough again. At that point I disconnected the TMAP sensor and it idles better still not 100% but better. Checked codes again and P0107, P0113 and P0374 came up. Plugged in the TMAP sensor and all codes cleared. Checked the resistance between terminal 1 and 2 of the IAT part of the TMAP sensor at ambient temp and it is 550 ohms which according to the electrical diagnostic manual should be between 500 and 5K ohms. I dont have any means of checking the MAP part of the sensor. I don't know what to do next. Could it still be a bad TMAP sensor? Maybe a bad ground? Any help would be appreciated.

:D Good on you, best of luck with your fix Thanks for sharing your insight

Thanks for this information... My bike is doing the same (started off as sputtering on the road, now has constant rough/low idle and will shut off with CE light on) with P0107 and other related codes, including the P0374. Did you need to remove the gas tank to replace the sensor? I know the repair manual says to do so, but wondering if it was necessary.

Were the tmap sensor harness wires OK? A poster on another forum indicated that it was the harness to his tmap sensor that had a broken wire due to the sharp angle of the harness wires.

Thanks!

Back