free website stats program 2009 Ultra Classic Slip-Ons Stage-1 & Dyno | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Ultra Classic Slip-Ons Stage-1 & Dyno

derailer

Banned
I can’t seem to get a straight answer from my dealer, so I thought I toss it out to the forum community. When I purchased my 09 Ultra Classic I had them install the Rinehart slip-ons with a Stage-1 kit and the SE Pro Super Tuner. They explained to me that my bike was now tuned for such, as they had ‘mapped’ the Super Tuner. After several months of riding I noticed my pipes were turning yellow. I asked the dealership across the river (same owner) and they told my that my bike was running too hot and needed to be properly tuned, thus Dyno’d, since I have the Rineharts installed. I inquired as to why my bike wasn’t properly tuned when they installed the Rineharts, Stage-1 & Super Tuner. They said that it wasn’t Dyno’d because the dealership where I purchased the bike doesn’t have the ability. They charged my $220 to Dyno and even stated that my bike was running dangerously hot because of the way it was tuned (or not tuned). I asked how could a dealer sell me something they can’t properly install. They sort of agreed and said they’re trying to get that stopped. My question is, should the dealership have charged me $220 to Dyno this bike after the fact, or should that have been included/standard when their sister dealership installed the slip-ons, Stage-1 & Super Tuner for a total of $1060.00? Just curious based on others' experiences. Thanks in advance!!!

There's a big difference between installing a "canned" map and dynoing a bike to get it to run properly. It sounds like the dealer that sold you the tuner doesn't have a dyno so how could they charge you dyno time?

The canned maps that are installed with the tuner are close providing the parts added to thew bike like exhaust and intake match the ones in the map otherwise all bets are off. Find out if the dealer that sold you the tuner indeed has a dyno and if they don't then you should be getting a refund.

An honest dealer would have stated you need a dyno tune to get the SERT dialed in and then referred you to their sister shop for the work. I'd be having a small chit/chat w/ my salesman & service manager.

Thanks for the feedback, Glider & B-1B Guy. I'm still arguing with the dealership. As to how one shop can install a super tuner, yet only map it generically, yet the sister shop wants to tell me my bike's running dangerously hot and could have potentially damaged the engine if I don't have it dyno'd, still rubs me wrong. Especially when the sister shop admits that the other shop shouldn't even sell/install the super tuner if they can't dyno. In the end my bike still runs and performs like a charm. I'm even getting to the point that I don't miss my Fatboy, not quite there, but close. Heads Up & Wheels Down!

I can get entirely different answers depending on the service writer (advisor) I talk to at the dealer I usually deal with. Two completely different answers to the same problem and they sit literally 15 feet apart. No wonder you get verbally conflicted by going across the river. :bigsmiley22: <---I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this one :lero

And if you spoke to a few more in the service department, you would get still more views too.:small3d015:

Back