2009 Street Bob Stage 1 Identification

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Jonny is New, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jonny is New

Jonny is New Member

After years of riding dirt bikes I decided to get my endorsement and bought my first rode bike, which is a 2009 Street Bob. I bought it from the dealer with a ton of after market parts (i.e. V&H blacked out curved pipes, Stage 1, Hwy lights, ect). This bike looks, rides, and sounds awesome.

I was told by the dealer that it had the Stage 1 conversion. The problem is I'm new to Harley and don't know what components to look for.

Can anyone tell me how you differentiate a stock bike and a bike with Stage 1?

Thank you,

2. DJBiker

DJBiker Member

After market pipes, High flow air cleaner, and a fuel module for the ECU

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Welcome Jonny is New to the HDTalking forum. As a dirt bike rider one of the first things you do to the bike is a form of Stage I...which is to tune the parts of the engine "air/fuel pump" conversion process to maximize rear wheel horsepower.
    To maximize efficiency of this process 3 areas are changed: 1) improve air intake, 2) optimize the fuel/air mixture and 3) change exhaust system for max power and torque.

http://www.hdtalking.com/harley_davidson_engine_related_issues/972-stage_1_2_3_4_explained.html

4. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

Welcome Jonny, I am thinking about auxiliary lights for my bike. Could you post some pictures? Thanks.

5. Jonny is New

Jonny is New Member

Attached are the pictures of the additional lights on my 2009 Street Bob.

Thank you for the information. Now I just need to figure out what to modify next.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
  6. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

Great looking bike Jonny. Did you cut the windshield yourself? I was wondering if it was possible to get enough clearance from cutting mine. I think it is like yours. Any tips?

7. Jonny is New

Jonny is New Member

Dr. Robert -

I bought the bike with the windshield already on it.

8. wideglideleon

wideglideleon Member

Nice looking bike welcome to the world of Harleys.

9. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Hey DJBiker, can one have a stage 1 done with all you said Except the fueler module?

Bill

10. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

Jonny, sorry I did not get back to you. Thanks for the reply. Can you tell if your windshield has been cut? I know it might be hard to tell. It looks factory, but I don't think the HD model is cut that way.