free website stats program 2008 FAT BOY won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 FAT BOY won't start

AirborneFATBOY

I'm in the Army stationed in Italy, I shipped my new 2008 FATBOY with my household goods (a gift to myself after 15 months of being shot at and blown up in Iraq)... So as a requirement for shipping, the fuel tank had to be empty. ever since I got the bike here in Italy, I haven't been able to get it started. I've put new fuel in, and ended up running the battery down trying to get it started (couldn't even jump the thing), so I ended up getting a new battery (very costly here in Italy) and it still won't start... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

AirborneFATBOY

Do you hear the fuel pump pressure up after turning the key on?

Check the fuel pump fuse?

You do have the run switch in the run position? :s

Thank you for your service to our country.

Bummer. Do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn on the ignition? I ride a Wide Glide and turn on the tank switch then the run switch on the handle bars and I can hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds. I am wondering if it is a fuse for the pump.

Thanks for all the advice... Yes the fuel pump is working when I turn the power on, the switch is in start position, the engine light appears on the display and goes out after the fuel pump is primed... I check the fuse for the fuel pump, its good... the handle bars were not removed during shipping, I helped them unload the bike from the crate when is was delivered, and nothing had been modified on the bike for shipping...

Is the bike alarmed and if so did they put it in transport mode ,if not you will have to get out your manual and reprogram it or that bike will turn over forever without starting

Maybe check the injector fittings, make sure they're "clicked" on. Also unhook the quick disconnect fuel line on the gas tank and reconnect it just to be sure it's on right. Good luck.

Maybe check the injector fittings, make sure they're "clicked" on. Also unhook the quick disconnect fuel line on the gas tank and reconnect it just to be sure it's on right. Good luck.

Careful on this these are all high pressure fittings!

Remove the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine to start till it stalls before releasing the fuel line from the tank or you get a bath.

Back