free website stats program 2008 CVO Ultra vs. 2011 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 CVO Ultra vs. 2011

gpopvet

I am thinking of trading my 2008 SE Ultra for a 2011 SE Ultra any pros or cons would be appreciated. I have about 7000 miles and Love my 08, but the dealer is telling about a lot of changes that I didn't notice that much other than the nav and the handling felt a little different.

I would let the smoke clear on the body control modules & CAN network for a year. It's just my opinion not to be the beta tester on a change that big.

3+ regarding Smitty and Hoop along with the fact that in todays' economy, one has to keep a watchful eye on financial resources JMHO...! While there is a lot to like about the new 2011's, the 2008 CVO Ultra is a pretty kit machine even without the extra frame stiffness or Beta hardware and software electronics...

Yep have to agree with Smitty and Hoop. In your case you don't get enough use to justify the expense unless you really need to have the latest and greatest and money dosen't matter and you just have to have it. I bet some of us will ride 7000 miles in a couple of weeks during the season if we are out touring.
kemo

unless you really need to have the latest and greatest

We know it's the latest but the jury is still out on whether it's the Greatest....:) Do I really need MicroControllers in each hand grip when I am on 2 wheels? I think I will wait this one out..

In all the years I have been on this planet, I have seen true "water-proof" only in a few cases. 99% of the time, what is termed waterproof turns out to really be water resistant, if you see where I am going....:)

Only YOU know your true financial situation. If money's not that big a deal - sure, go for it!

Otherwise, for your level of riding, I don't think the $$$ and the few model year enhancements would be worth it.

Here are my 2 cent equivalents:
You love your bike, why change it? If you've got the well known handling issue, upgrade it (e.g. glide-pro bushings, ohlins rear shocks, cartridge emulators up front) and it will handle better than a new one.

To me Harleys are about getting away from the all-too-common throw away mentality. I do not mean to flame anyone, just trying to explain why I truly enjoy my old bike. I could probably afford a new one, but why?
That old sled is not only my ride, she's also a keeper of loads of good experiences (and a couple of bad ones too, come to think of it...). I bought it in '98 while in Korea, and I've had her up to the North Korean border, down in Southern Europe, up in Northern Europe, etc. but unfortunately not yet over on your side of the pond (hope to do some day).
If you are really looking for a zen-like experience I can promise you it does not come through buying a new scoot. Get to know what you have, the sounds, the ticking, the little quirks. Buy a parts manual, a repair manual, ask questions, and do your own fixing (I'm not sure how easy that always is with new'ish Harley's, but anyway). Bottom line: Do what you want, but make sure it's what you want. YMMV

Thanks for all the help, and the bluetooth is not compatible I decided to keep The 08.

Not to worry, aftermarket will come through, wireless communication with seamless integration with GPS, Cellphone and IPOD/MP3 player will come that is comapatible with current sound system, if not already here.

Just the other day I saw the BOSS sound system being demostrated at my local HD dealer...$300 and your good on virtually ANY Harley motorycle...integrates to your IPOD/MP3 player...only one more "layer" of communication to go truly wireless.

Back