2007 superglide custom mods

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by colddyna, Mar 20, 2008.

1. colddyna

colddyna Member

can anyone tell me what the best mods are...i guess the best bang for your buck ? Can i change the filter or anything without getting the power commander ? It does have an aftermarket set or mufflers but thats it .
    thanks!

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

The new bikes run very lean and replacing the intake will need some additional fuel fuel. I like the TFI for a simple solution. It can be installed by almost anyone and it works well.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Most common upgrades are slipons, stage 1 and a fuel controller to richen it up. They run much better with all three and cooler also.

3. detailer57

detailer57 Member

I put on the "stage one" kit. I used the screamin eagle race tuner. (SERT)
    opened up the air box, k&n type if air filter, and the screamin eagle slip ons.

I have since changed the pipes and put on a thunder header.

I ride the bike every day....almost.

Also I put on Metzlers. Much better handling tire. I have done some suspension changes.
    The only mods I have done are functional. No chrome or looks type of stuff.
    I just had it striped. My first non functionl mod, but minimal at best. Too many black Harleys.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Replace that opened up air box with a stage 1 or 2 and you'll see a difference in performance, you already have the rest of the equation. The stock size air filter whether a K&N or the stock paper one is the restriction to air flow here. You need the taller K&N for better breathing.#HD 0800 filter int he stage 1.

Build Your Own Stage 1 - Harley Davidson Community

5. colddyna

colddyna Member

thanks guys!!!!!!

glider....if i do the stage one do i need the tuner ???
    thanks,mike