free website stats program 2007 Street Glide Issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Street Glide Issues

This is very odd, I've never heard of anything like this. I would definitely take the primary cover off and take a look see. Make sure nothing is lodged in there and check the clutch plates as well for any peculiar wear. Good luck and keep us posted.

But now my question is, how come the sprocekt was not free spinning even though it was not attatched to the wheel? I have yet to take the primary cover off. Not quite understanding why when I would try to shift into a gear, that the belt was not spinning the sprocket even though it was not attatched to the wheel.

With the rear sprocket broken loose, the drive sprocket would have walked the belt away from the drive sprocket, so that the sprocket might be turning, but it is not in contact with the belt.

TQ

Ok, let me attempt to explain this. As I left from a stop and began to shift through the gears, my bike all of a sudden felt like it was trying to bogg down and resist the power to move. I slowed down and shifted into first and the same thing...the bike acted like it just did not want to move. I coasted to a stop and tried to shift through each gear and try to move and the bike actually tried to move backwards as if it had a reverse. I eventually figured this could not be good internally and shut the bike off. I let it sit for awhile...about 15 minutes, started it back up and tried to shift. This time the gears did not even engage. I can shift into any gear and relase the clutch lever and nothing. It's as if the clutch seized or something. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Any comments, suggestions or questions are welcome. I need some ideas before I start to tear this thing down and begin the process. I would like to have an idea what I am up against before I make things worse. Thanks for any help offered.:newsmile077:

Check your drive belt tension. Had a friend call from the middle of nowhere with similar symptoms. We had no idea what it could be. He got the bike towed to HD shop and they found the belt so loose and wore that the drive sprocket just could not grab it anymore!

Also, if you're going for the "black-out look" might be a good time to get primary cover powdercoated while it's removed. I'm waiting for winter hibernation. Hope all is well on the innerds when you get 'er dissected.

Back