free website stats program 2007 Road Glide Dilemma | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Road Glide Dilemma

cvhmpls

Account Removed
I don't know yet for sure, but it looks like the dreaded crank runout has happened to my ride. I have 29,000 miles on her and I need some feedback and help. If it comes down to tearing apart the motor and the cost is around $4000, do I keep the bike and bite the bullet, or do I sell it (or trade it) and get a new 2010 Road Glide custom?
Thoughts please... Also, can anyone suggest a great Indy Shop for Harley motor work near Minneapolis? I'm willing to go up to 200 miles to get this looked at. Bike is out of warranty.
Thanks !

Excessive vibration/shake and just replaced front motor mount (series "d") within the last 2000 miles. Vibration getting worse at speed and lots of shake at idle. This bike has always had excessive shake at idle, but was smooth as silk once I was underway. After replacing the standard mount (series "c"), which was fried, I've had more shake and now vibration at speed thru the bars, seat, and floorboards. It is a stock 96 with Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, Screaming Eagle air filter, Rinehart slip-ons, and has been dyno-tuned.

Attachments

• Cams99_Gear-01.pdf
    281.9 KB · Views: 111
Back