free website stats program 2007 fxstc | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 fxstc

Yes, I do.

Having O2 sensors tells you that the engine management system is a closed loop system and your engine runs pretty lean most of the time right from the factory.

If you want to do the work in stages, I would get the TFI first. Get the bike richer to start with even in its factory native state. Then with it running good (A/F wise), you can now take your time going to the next step. When you add another step, just turn up the TFI a bit to make up for the improved VE.

The SEST is not cheap ($450 doing it yourself w/o dyno) so just go with a TFI. Running 10% ETOH makes it that much worse when it comes to your A/F ratio. Waiting on the "bling" would be my approach.

because I believe it is still running a little on the lean side,

Pipes, A/C, closed loop system with no enrichment. A "little" lean? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Having O2 sensors tells you that the engine management system is a closed loop system and your engine runs pretty lean most of the time right from the factory.

If you want to do the work in stages, I would get the TFI first. Get the bike richer to start with even in its factory native state. Then with it running good (A/F wise), you can now take your time going to the next step. When you add another step, just turn up the TFI a bit to make up for the improved VE.

The SEST is not cheap ($450 doing it yourself w/o dyno) so just go with a TFI. Running 10% ETOH makes it that much worse when it comes to your A/F ratio. Waiting on the "bling" would be my approach.

Pipes, A/C, closed loop system with no enrichment. A "little" lean? :)

Forgot to mention I took the a/c back to stock until I add the TFI.

Thanks everyone!! I've read that the stock system is supposed to self-adjust for the Stage 1 exhaust/A/C

Thanks everyone!! I've read that the stock system is supposed to self-adjust for the Stage 1 exhaust/A/C

You better double check that. I can not see a Stock 2007 narrow band closed loop setup using E10 fuel self adjusting for a Stage 1 exhaust with A/C. It's impossible.

You better double check that. I can not see a Stock 2007 narrow band closed loop setup using E10 fuel self adjusting for a Stage 1 exhaust with A/C. It's impossible.

I have exhaust system only on my 07 Stretbob, I would not go any further with out adding more fuel JMO

Thanks, again!! I'll be following up more on that before I do anything!
Has anyone ever put floorboards on an FXSTC?

Back