free website stats program 2007 fsxt Elecrtical upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 fsxt Elecrtical upgrade

Crod23

Whats Up!
OK long story short after 11 wonderful Harleys with S&S carbs installed, I went out and bought a leftover 2007 FXST EFI (6 speed). Thanks to the great advise of other posts I have decided to go V&H Big Radius (looks cool sounds good) with K&N Filter Kit (breath baby BREATH) Also decided to go with Power Commander (lots of program setting, future upgrade etc.). Here is my question (finally).
After I break her in (1000 miles) I want to intall preformance igintion module, Coil,Spark plugs and wires.

1) How does it affect the power commander?
2) Are there any electrical parts I need in addition to the above list?
3) Should I go with SE parts or is there a better kit for EFI models?
4) Has anyone ever met a Harley Dealer who actually knows what their talking about? (lol) :s

Whats Up!
OK long story short after 11 wonderful Harleys with S&S carbs installed, I went out and bought a leftover 2007 FXST EFI (6 speed). Thanks to the great advise of other posts I have decided to go V&H Big Radius (looks cool sounds good) with K&N Filter Kit (breath baby BREATH) Also decided to go with Power Commander (lots of program setting, future upgrade etc.). Here is my question (finally).
After I break her in (1000 miles) I want to intall preformance igintion module, Coil,Spark plugs and wires.

1) How does it affect the power commander?
2) Are there any electrical parts I need in addition to the above list?
3) Should I go with SE parts or is there a better kit for EFI models?
4) Has anyone ever met a Harley Dealer who actually knows what their talking about? (lol) :s

In order of the questions.

1 The PC is down stream of the ECU so it shouldn't effect it at all.

2 None needed unless you want to change something.

3 There are a number of upgrades on the after market that work well, I like the stage 1 from harley with a K&N filter. Many use the big sucker by arlen ness but they have had a few which had problems with the backing plate breaking. Here's something to look at
Build Your Own Stage 1 - Harley Davidson Community

4 As far as the dealers:D . I found a local one that had a very good shop manager that knew what he was doing but he left to go back to where he use to work for better perks. Haven't actually ran across one that is decent in my life.

It's better putting it together this way you get the K&N with the stage 1 instead of the paper filter. Only thing is it only works up to 07, not 08.

Back