free website stats program 2007 FLHRC Rear fender bolt holes | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHRC Rear fender bolt holes

dleary

Hi,
I was installing the luggage rack with the sissy bar. The forward bolt on the saddle bag bracket does not line up. The rear bolt is ok. The rear bolt is the forward mounting point for the luggage rack. The forward bolt appears to go a nut that is mounted on the fender. I have tried to move the parts to try to line up the saddle bag bracket, luggage rack mount, the chrome rear support bracket. it seems the fender bolt is a little low. Do I have to loosen other bolts to get everything lined up? Is the maintenance manual the place I should be looking? Thanks, I appreciate any help?

Hi,
I was installing the luggage rack with the sissy bar. The forward bolt on the saddle bag bracket does not line up. The rear bolt is ok. The rear bolt is the forward mounting point for the luggage rack. The forward bolt appears to go a nut that is mounted on the fender. I have tried to move the parts to try to line up the saddle bag bracket, luggage rack mount, the chrome rear support bracket. it seems the fender bolt is a little low. Do I have to loosen other bolts to get everything lined up? Is the maintenance manual the place I should be looking? Thanks, I appreciate any help?

BackrestsRacks | Harley-Davidson USA
If you go here you can load the pdf install:s

Are these HD parts? If so the instructions should show the proper mounting procedure. If you will give the part# we can help with mounting. If these are aftermarket parts please give Manuf. and part#. Are these quick disconnect parts? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, all the parts are Harley parts. I used the Harley mounting procedure. I would have expected it to go smoothly. The Luggage rack install went ok, but the one bolt hole does not line up. It looks like the nut is on the fender, but I am not sure what to loosen to get it to line up? The bolt goes thru the saddle bag bracket, the luggage rack bracket, the chrome rear support/mounting bracket, and it looks like the bolt is part of the fender.

Can you give us the part#? If we know the part we may be able to give you some idea why things aren't lining up.

Back