free website stats program 2006 Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Softail

bleist51

I have a 2006 Softail fxst and I just did the 20k service on it. After I finished I went to test drive it and my check engine light came on. After reading your article on TDCs I pulled codes and found P1353 and P1356. On the service I changed the plugs and wires with screaming eagle plugs and wires. I told the guy at the Harley Dealership that I had stock compression, so he gave me the plugs for that engine. Could the plugs have something to do with it? Code P1353 and P1356 say no combustion in front cylinder and rear cylinder.

These are pretty common codes, and possibly nothing to worry about. What they are telling you is that at least one combustion cycle in each cylinder was missed.

Suggest clearing the codes to see if they are historic; either you or the dealer can do this. If they do not come back they are historic and nothing to worry about. If they do return, then find out what happened. You might also want to be sure all the ignition wiring is tight.

Happened to my '07 after being driven about a year. Temperature was 100+, speed 80+, on the freeway to Tucson from Phoenix. Had the codes cleared at the Tucson dealership and they never showed up again. No one there seemed very concerned.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

If you haven't checked the Self Help section with all the tips and advise, please do. There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge in there. And, a HD Service Manual for your Softail is an excellent and highly recommended investment.
:bigsmiley28:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip. I will try it, and thanks for the welcome. I do have the repair manuel for my bike that is the first thing I bought when I bought my bike.

I have a 2006 Softail fxst and I just did the 20k service on it. After I finished I went to test drive it and my check engine light came on. After reading your article on TDCs I pulled codes and found P1353 and P1356. On the service I changed the plugs and wires with screaming eagle plugs and wires. I told the guy at the Harley Dealership that I had stock compression, so he gave me the plugs for that engine. Could the plugs have something to do with it? Code P1353 and P1356 say no combustion in front cylinder and rear cylinder.

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community Here is the self help tip from Glider 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Community

Welcome to the forum. Just for the heck of it, push down hard and twist on the spark plug boots to make sure they are fully engaged with the plug.

Back