free website stats program 2006 Road Glide Front feels loose | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Road Glide Front feels loose

plasterer

Hey out there,

just bought a Road Glide and checked everything (wheel bearings, fork travel and everything else I could find in the shop manual to see if I could get rid of the loose feeling in the front forks I feel when riding over rough roads or when I hit potholes. Bike only had 5300 miles on it when I got it and cant imagine anything gone bad already but this loose/shake bugs the (EDIT) out of me. Rode a partners Road King and didnt feel this at all. Any help?

Thanks,

Bryan

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to try changing out the fork oil and even go with a little heavier weight oil.

If you'll type "fork oil" in the "Search Forum" box (just above the ad for "No More Fried Thighs") you can find several posts on changing the fork oil and what weights to use.

If it passes the fall-away test and there isn't any play in the neck bearings, it is probably the fork oil. It is suprising the effect of too much, too little or wrong weight can make on the bike's handling.

I always remove the fork legs for service, but that is just me. When it comes to my bikes - If it worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

Back