free website stats program 2006 electra glide classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 electra glide classic

just went up to auto parts store and checked the battery. It was above the crank rating listed. Appears the battery isn't the issue. Going to take it up to a chopper store around the corner to have them take a look at it this weekend. Thanks for all the help everyone :)

Just curious, How many miles on your bike and how much does the Voltmeter Fluctuate? Does it drop to Battery voltage or a lower voltage? If it drops to Battery voltage I would suspect a charging problem but, I wouldn't expect it to cause any issues with the radio. I would expect it to be something along the lines of a short (such as the bad Voltage meter ) or a problem with the wiring in the fairing or back to and including the P-Strap at the neck of the frame. Sometimes problems with the wiring have symptoms that come and go with a relationship to what direction the front forks are or were pointed. I had a Speedometer that stopped working. If i turned the forks to the left the next time i was stopped it would work till I had to turn to the right to much. That turned out to be all 3 wires coming from the speed sensor were broken at the same spot in the fairing were the harness flexed and they were positioned on the outside of the harness were it turned inside the fairing.

just went up to auto parts store and checked the battery. It was above the crank rating listed. Appears the battery isn't the issue. Going to take it up to a chopper store around the corner to have them take a look at it this weekend. Thanks for all the help everyone :)

Please remember to let us know what you find .

Back