free website stats program 2004 ultra quick detach back rest | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 ultra quick detach back rest

kstrohs57

Installed quick detach kit for my 2004 ultra tour pack & have a question on the quick detacable back rest available to fit the 4 point docking kit . Seems like my docking kit is too far back for back rests & is has 4.5" between front & back docking points .Is there a back rest that mounts on these docking points ? As:dknow i said the docking points seem to be too far back ?

No the docking point for the backrest is different. The part number you need is 53450-97C.
PM me your email and I will send you the pdf of those installation instructions. It shows how to incorporate the backrest docking kit when using the tour pack quick detach kit also, and it may give you a little more insight as to how it all goes together.

Big Al , thanks for info but i was looking in my parts book & found the front docking kit for my 2004 ultra to be 53803-06 , its a seperate docking unit from the rear docking unit i have already installed , thanks again ,

No problem at all, but that part number you reference says except FLHTCUI on Kutter HD's site. Double check your application and part number before ordering to make sure. I actually see three different part numbers listed and all the pictures look like the same kit I just installed. Also says 53450-97C (kit I used) superceded by the part number you listed. Don't mean to confuse you more, just cautioning you on the dodgy part numbers and why it says it won't work on the Ultra Classic on their website. Don't know of a difference between yours and my bike except for some some creature comforts. All else should be the same???

I checked with local HD parts guy & confirmed that 53803-06 was the correct part# for the front docking kit . My 04 ultra didnt have the detachable tour pack listed for it either its for the custom , just had to modify some connectors . Thanks again .

Bought part#53803-06 front docking kit & within 60 min. had all installed . Everything fits great & saddle bags clear docking points also . Happy happy !!!

Glad you got it all sorted out and thanks for the update with the part number. I'm sure it'll help another member down the road if they are looking to do the same thing:s

Back