free website stats program 2001 Heritage Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Heritage Softail

mastercontrol

Hello , I just joined having bought a 2001 Heritage Softail. I'm trying to install the stock mufflers. I bolted them to the crossover bracket and I just can't get the whole thing on with the bracket holes lining up with the frame bolts. I did try putting the bracket on first and then attaching the mufflers but I can't get the mufflers on the header and into the crossover part of the pipe at the same time. Does the header part of the system have to be loosend up to make the install. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Carmelo

Hello , I just joined having bought a 2001 Heritage Softail. I'm trying to install the stock mufflers. I bolted them to the crossover bracket and I just can't get the whole thing on with the bracket holes lining up with the frame bolts. I did try putting the bracket on first and then attaching the mufflers but I can't get the mufflers on the header and into the crossover part of the pipe at the same time. Does the header part of the system have to be loosend up to make the install. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Carmelo

Some times loosening every thing then line it all up and start at the engine and work back , a bit of anti sieze in side of the pipes will make them move alot easier, Capital Jack:D

Jack has you covered, don't tighten anything till every part is in place and then torque it all down.

Some times loosening every thing then line it all up and start at the engine and work back , a bit of anti sieze in side of the pipes will make them move alot easier, Capital Jack:D

I see the wisdom in keeping everything loose till all is mounted. I think starting at the engine is what I have to do.It looks so simple but it goes on one way. Thanks for the advise, Carmelo

I see the wisdom in keeping everything loose till all is mounted. I think starting at the engine is what I have to do.It looks so simple but it goes on one way. Thanks for the advise, Carmelo

Good luck dont forget to torque:D

Back