free website stats program 2000 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Ultra

djbarker

Hi.
I have a 2000 Ultra with 50,000 mostly fun filled miles on her. We have a problem,during warm weather at slow speeds, as in town bumper to bumper at say 10 mph, the bike will shut off, loose all power. I think the auto reset circut breaker pops, wait a few seconds the power comes back and you can start the bike. It has never done this at hwy speeds, only going slow. Last summer in Zion park it died 3 times, slow traffic and road construction, not good with one way one lane road. In town a few days ago 80 degree day in Oregon, it died a few times I have replaced the breaker. About to pull my hair out. Please help.
DJ

The bikes in your year had a problem with the main breakers tripping from heat and age. Yours has a 40 amp breaker and the fix is to go to a 50 amp breaker.

Those circuit breakers are problematic and your probably right on in it being the issue. Hoople will be along to tell you how to address it.

Bodeen

Trying to beat Glider at this game is impossible, I dont know why I try. Welcome to THE forum by the way.

It would make sense, I do have Vance and Hines true duels, and the rear pipe curls around tight under the seat area, right where the breaker is.

Go for the 50 amp breaker and notice the stud colors when hooking it up so it isn't backwards.

Back