free website stats program 2000 deuce main jet question? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 deuce main jet question?

I'm guessing that it was a dynojet kit now that I think about it. I may just have to go with plan b, and go through a handfull of used jets untill I find one that fits.

You could go back to stock with an HD emulsifier tube, jet and needle. However, if it is a Dynajet Thunderslider Kit in there now, there is much more to change to get back to stock. Might not be worth it. You may be able to order a larger main from Dynajet or their distribution channel. See the bits here:

Dynojet Thunderslide Kit - BikeBandit.com

TQ

I took the main jet's down to KT's cycle shop here in Baytown and they showed me around back where we dug through a box of old jets and tubes untill I found one to fit. It turns out that Whoever put the last jet kit in, used an aftermarket kit. They gave me a few jets and emulsion tubes along with a larger slow jet (at no cost). I gave them some cash anyway for helping me out. They also showed me how to drill out the emissions plug to adjust the idle mixture screw. Now that's what it's all about! You don't find guys like that very often that will take you in the back of their shop and help you dig through a bunch of jets for 30 min. to find the right one, and then tell you how to do everything and NOT CHARGE YOU A DIME. Makes me glad to own a Harley in Texas.

Sounds like a good place to deal with best stay friendly with them

Brian

Hey Deuce, glad you found a jet for your carb. Back in the day my dad, who was an auto mechanic and owned his own business, would do the same. But you just don't see that very often anymore. You have a great shop there for sure!

Back