free website stats program 20 yr vet or prison release?? | Harley Davidson Forums

20 yr vet or prison release??

UnkleBuk

I'm not too sure about the civilian side of the house. I just went for an interview today and thought, if nothing else, it'd be good practice. Well, personally I thought it was a joke. It was at a Carmax dealer as I have SOOOO many resumes out with the likes of Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, etc., as these fit my military background. But until I get a bite I gotta go to work somewhere to keep from going bonkers as well as to bring in some extra cash since my retirement pay ain't gonna cover everything.

Well, I wasn't too impressed with the "interview" process. I spent more time in front of a computer than I did talking to someone. So much for the "if nothing else, it'd be good practice" statement.

But I have a solution. I've decided to remove any mention of military service under employment or anywhere else on further resumes and job applications. Henceforth, I plan on replacing it with something to the effect that I've just been released from prison under the state's work-release program after serving 1/2 of my prison term for attempted murder (or something along that line). I figure this will get me hired somewhere under some idiotic E.O. regulation that requires employers to hire recently released prisoners.

I don't know if there is such an E.O. policy, haven't looked, but the way things are going I'm beginning to believe I'd have a better chance of getting a job if I were a newly released prisoner rather than a recently retired serviceman.

Now......I'm done venting. Apologize for that, just wanted it out of my system.

Back