free website stats program 2 into 1 Exhaust what are your thoughts... | Harley Davidson Forums

2 into 1 Exhaust what are your thoughts...

NYHarley

Ok, I have two different 2 into 2 exhausts for my Night Train, V&H Big Radius, and a set of Rineharts. I think I am done with 2 into 2 for now and am looking at getting a 2 into 1. I have been looking at D&D, Bub and also the V&H Pro Pipe, or Big Radius 2 into 1. As far as looks go, I think the V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 is great, but I need a pipe that is going to perform as well. I want my torque back, and also to tone down the noise a bit, my V&H are LOUD and my Rineharts LOUDER!!! Loud pipes are good, but when you blow your riding partners eardrums, well lets just say they put up with it..... Let me know if your running 2 into 2, and what brands and reviews you guys might have.

You make no mention of air cleaner or tuner. With the pipes you are running a recommended TFI or other type fueler is required which will help the performance concern.

Back in April I bought the Vance & Hines 2-into-1 Pro Pipe Chrome Exhaust and I was very disappointed… First no noticeable power. Second Its louder than I thought and the sound is deeper than I like so I bought the quiet baffle didn’t like it either made it sound muffled… So now its on Craigslist http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/2410042756.html. Ended up going back with the Vance & Hines Big Shot Originals.

If you do decide to get rid of the 2 into 2's pm me with what you want for them. I'm currently looking for a used set:s

V&H's that is.

Last edited:
You make no mention of air cleaner or tuner. With the pipes you are running a recommended TFI or other type fueler is required which will help the performance concern.

Sceamin Eagle Air Cleaner Kit, and was running a PCIII which just died on me last week. In it's place I am running the V&H FuelPak, it's what I had readily available. Probably going to go with the New Doebeck unit when it's ready. Let's stay on topic here, I want to know first hand what you guys think of your 2 into 1 exhausts. I don't need another set of pipes hanging on the wall that I don't like...

Oh and my last sentence in the first post should say 2 into 1, not 2 into 2. I want to know what you guys think of your 2 into 1 exhausts.

I am *very* happy with my RB Racing LSR Pro Stock Spyder 2-1 - noticeable performance improvement (seat-of-the-pants). Fit & finish, attention to detail is extraordinary (I left off the heat shields cuz the pipes are a work of art). Easy to install, gasket is unsurpassed, from my experience. I run TTS Mastertune to tune the pipe / air cleaner combination (K&S AC) - which works wonders for my style of riding (one-up, highway & back road (60% - 40%)). Not too loud, but still a noticeable improvement over stock, IMO.

I went from Vance BSS no baffe to Vance Big Radius. Much less sound and better low end. Considering I was basically running drag pipes almost anything would have been an improvement low end. But I am happy with the results.

If its performance (ie: torque) that you're after, I run a Supertrapp Supermeg. They're tuneable by adding and subtracting disks. You can run them with a closed end cap or use an open end cap to make them louder. You just compensate for the open endcap by removing about 8 or so disks.

Back