free website stats program 1st time Harley Owner | Harley Davidson Forums

1st time Harley Owner

NCBILL

My youngest son, Elvis, carried me to Sheltons Harley in Goldsboro NC yesterday so I could pick up a couple HD Service & Repair Manuals I had ordered earlier in the week, along with some tiny replacement bulbs for my instrument cluster. Long story short, I drove home his new Nissan Titan, and he drove home his newly acquired 06 Softtail Standard. Happy camper, for sure!

My youngest son, Elvis, carried me to Sheltons Harley in Goldsboro NC yesterday................

Strange way to put it! He CARRIED you???? Are you unable to walk???? Oh wait, I get it.......

Congrats on the new HD!

Yesterday, I got caught in my first downpour on my HD. Been out in a big rain on my Honda Shadow years ago (I try to avoid getting caught whenever possible) and THAT bike was very stable in the rain, as was this Road Glide.

A rider has to be able to make good driving choices of course, contributing to a safe ride in adverse conditions. But it helps to have a good set of tires and a well-balanced bike beneath you!

"He carried me" is typical southern lingo for I rode with him, vs: he rode with me.
It's a Southern Thang.........:)

Funny, we have different lingo on the same patch of dirt
Like soda for pop, hot cakes for pan cakes,
Barley pop for beer, newspaper for butt wipe because that seems to be what we get to read about in ours and the list goes on.
Tell Elvis congrats on his new bike, you guys have fun riding togeather.

We also have "over yonder" down here, and, it's not uncommon to ask how far or how long does it take to get somewhere and the response might be, "Oh, that's only a 3-beer ride". ;)

Congratulations to your son and hopefully we will see him here soon

Brian

Back