free website stats program 1st ride of the year. | Harley Davidson Forums

1st ride of the year.

jamesearl

It has rained the last 2 days, cleansing the road of salt.Finally got a ride in. Nothing big,to work and back about 50 miles.Tires hadn't lost a lb.It was almost 3 months off,this time.Parked it about half way thru Dec.I did my usual winter maintenance,which consist's of plugging it into a battery tender.Still got a thousand miles before the 5k service.I take it in at 6k cause it had a 1k service.Anyway,after I remembered how to get FM again,it was a nice cruise,around 50 degrees,I'll take it.

Good for you, time to shake off the cabin fever. I 've been out a few times myself and tomorrow the mercury will hit 72, guess what I'll be doing.:)

It will be a few weeks yet before our roads here will be in a suitable state for my bikes temp still dropping below freezing at nights so salt and sand will be spread on the roads every night
Tonight may stay just above freezing so spring is on its way but could be a wee while yet
Last year it was into May before the weather warmed a wee bit
So I am a wee bit jealous at the moment

Brian

It has rained the last 2 days, cleansing the road of salt.Finally got a ride in. Nothing big,to work and back about 50 miles.Tires hadn't lost a lb.It was almost 3 months off,this time.Parked it about half way thru Dec.I did my usual winter maintenance,which consist's of plugging it into a battery tender.Still got a thousand miles before the 5k service.I take it in at 6k cause it had a 1k service.Anyway,after I remembered how to get FM again,it was a nice cruise,around 50 degrees,I'll take it.

We have had a lot of rain, therefore our roads should be clear soon! I just hope we don't get another threat of snow so that our great state road crew doesn't douse them with salt & chemicals.

We are good in Pa. The Ground Hog said early spring and has been spot on. Have had the bike out a few times already so far this year.

I took my brand new 2016 forty-eight out 3 times last week. My first Harley, and it was way better than my last bike, ZX6R NINJA. The temp. Was in the 60s....put a 100 miles on her. I love it!

I had a sporty,but it was an 883.I'd still like to get on a 1200 someday.Back when I first looked at HD,the 1200 was the biggest mill, and in the bagger.

Attachments

• tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 5
Just got back from Bike Week.Put on 2216 miles in 10 days! Iguess that doesn't seem like much,unless You know I trailered the bike to and from Florida.

Back