1st ride of the year.

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by jamesearl, Mar 10, 2016.

1. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

It has rained the last 2 days, cleansing the road of salt.Finally got a ride in. Nothing big,to work and back about 50 miles.Tires hadn't lost a lb.It was almost 3 months off,this time.Parked it about half way thru Dec.I did my usual winter maintenance,which consist's of plugging it into a battery tender.Still got a thousand miles before the 5k service.I take it in at 6k cause it had a 1k service.Anyway,after I remembered how to get FM again,it was a nice cruise,around 50 degrees,I'll take it.

Jack Klarich and coopernicus like this.
  2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Good for you, time to shake off the cabin fever. I 've been out a few times myself and tomorrow the mercury will hit 72, guess what I'll be doing.:)

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It will be a few weeks yet before our roads here will be in a suitable state for my bikes temp still dropping below freezing at nights so salt and sand will be spread on the roads every night
    Tonight may stay just above freezing so spring is on its way but could be a wee while yet
    Last year it was into May before the weather warmed a wee bit
    So I am a wee bit jealous at the moment

Brian

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Congratulations!

5. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

We have had a lot of rain, therefore our roads should be clear soon! I just hope we don't get another threat of snow so that our great state road crew doesn't douse them with salt & chemicals.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

We are good in Pa. The Ground Hog said early spring and has been spot on. Have had the bike out a few times already so far this year.

7. cowboyfromhell

cowboyfromhell Member

I took my brand new 2016 forty-eight out 3 times last week. My first Harley, and it was way better than my last bike, ZX6R NINJA. The temp. Was in the 60s....put a 100 miles on her. I love it!

8. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I had a sporty,but it was an 883.I'd still like to get on a 1200 someday.Back when I first looked at HD,the 1200 was the biggest mill, and in the bagger.

Attached Files:

9. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

Just got back from Bike Week.Put on 2216 miles in 10 days! Iguess that doesn't seem like much,unless You know I trailered the bike to and from Florida.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

It was good to meet you in Palatka

Harttoo likes this.