free website stats program 1moretime | Harley Davidson Forums

1moretime

1moretime

Hello everone in the HD world! Im new to riding and to the HD community, I just bought a 2009 dynna super glide FXD, my first bike every. It has been the best thing iv done in years, fells great to ride and see other HD riders treat you like your part of something family, even if i look like a rookie, and ride like one, i learned how to ride on my own. drove it home, about killed my self. LOL, but it was great, one problem though , when im in 5 gear i get a very bad lagging sound as if im in the wrong gear, after 60 i pop it in 6th and shes good, i also am going by the new break-in gide lines.

The newer bikes don't like to be lugged and the breakin that they suggest is rather low in RPM's. Run the gears up a bit , let it breathe more and enjoy the ride.

As you have already read... don't lug the engine. Just ride conservatively...go up and down through all 6 gears.. just don't wind them out to the max and gear up and down when you feel the engine needs it. It's just that simple...

You should take 5th out past 50 MPH, that is about the bottom end of 5th. 5th should be good up past 60, don't go to 6th till you hit closer to 65 and you are steady there.

Otherwise you'll be shifting back and forth and drive yourself nuts, while possibly hurting the bike.

Hello everone in the HD world! Im new to riding and to the HD community, I just bought a 2009 dynna super glide FXD, my first bike every. It has been the best thing iv done in years, fells great to ride and see other HD riders treat you like your part of something family, even if i look like a rookie, and ride like one, i learned how to ride on my own. drove it home, about killed my self. LOL, but it was great, one problem though , when im in 5 gear i get a very bad lagging sound as if im in the wrong gear, after 60 i pop it in 6th and shes good, i also am going by the new break-in gide lines.

Well Welcome...to ya..I was there, and done that the rookie thingee I mean...Heck I was so bad; guys who had to follow me would draw straws to see who lost...I did not realize i was that bad but I did know I was bad...lol In fact dropped the bike 5 minutes after it was off the trailer from the dealer...lol but since put over 50,000 miles on my Road King...and my wife has been a great back seat rider...lol

Read the manuall front to back and listen to these guys here on this site, There is a world of knowledge to tap into with these guys. Be safe and enjoy

thank you all for youre responces, sorry ive been posted anything, ive been out of the net for a while, but i will take all yr advice to heart. this hhas been a great buy for me. and has made me a better man, FREEDOM, a havent drop it, ill probley cry if i do. i i did however start shifting when i thought the bike needed it. just passed 500mil, and cant wait to put more on her. well its time for me to roll

Back