free website stats program 1976 shovel | Harley Davidson Forums

1976 shovel

y2kflhr

I am looking at buying this bike, it looks like its in awesome condition, the owner doesn't know much about the bike, he has had it for ten years and its only got a few thousand on it....

any input appreciated

$6.500

sorry for the lousy shots

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0208.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 167
Dual plugged heads, is he firm on the price how does it run have you ridden it does he have records and reciepts from repairs? He has had it for 10 years and doesnt know much about it HMMMMMM:s

Dual plugged heads, is he firm on the price how does it run have you ridden it does he have records and reciepts from repairs? He has had it for 10 years and doesnt know much about it HMMMMMM:s

I offered 6k, he went up to 6.5, I didn't ask if he had the receipts for the work, but I will, it is the husband of a woman I work with, he said he rarely rides the bike, he has a beautiful 73 vette next to it...It is the husband of a woman I work with so I don't think he's lying to me, and the bike is immaculate, he started it up for me and it fired right up, I was drinking so I opted not to ride it, I am going to try and go back this weekend for a ride.

Jack K makes a sage observation..."he's had the bike ten years and doesn't know much about it?" As for his wife working with you being a measure of veracity on his part? I dunno.... Asking for the receipts is a great idea and also ask questions. I don't know many HD owners who are not passionate about their rides....IMO $6500 is pretty close to top dollar for a shovel.

I agree about the receipts, I had talked to him about his bike a bunch of times over the past 4 years, and he never really bragged about it, "oh yeah I have a harley, I expected it to be a junker until he opened his garage, my eyes fell out of my head when I saw the bike and car, he says he uses the car, I know his wife hates the bike, I think he got it to say I have a harley....

Any other suggestions beside receipts for when I go check the bike out in the daylight, I'm all ears.

He told me about the shop that rebuilt the motor, they are no longer around, but I had heard good things about them years back from what I recall.

When I pushed him on the motor work, he said "dave, I don't know much about this stuff, but I like chrome" if you get my drift.

If it is as good as it looks in the pics I would say its well worth it. And I just sold a nice Shovel for that price so I know they can bring the price.

Descent price, but the question is "sustaining"...you mentioned that the shop who did the service has closed...is there another that you know that has a fine reputation to help with repairs. Where are you (the bike) located?

nice shovel worth the price i think i have 80 flt not that nice .fiqure i could get 5000 to 5500 for mine.it is an amf . that dont bother me. but some people it does.your choice .mines a great bike no problems

Descent price, but the question is "sustaining"...you mentioned that the shop who did the service has closed...is there another that you know that has a fine reputation to help with repairs. Where are you (the bike) located?

I am located in NY, there are a few shops around that could work on the bike

nice shovel worth the price i think i have 80 flt not that nice .fiqure i could get 5000 to 5500 for mine.it is an amf . that dont bother me. but some people it does.your choice .mines a great bike no problems

thanks

I cant comment on the price, but from what im reading most think the price is good , If the bike looks as good up close as it does in the pictures and its running good, I would buy it if its the bike I wanted, I have to think finding an older bike in excellent to mint condition will not be easy, not impossible but their not all over the place either, There are some who own these bikes that are not passionate about them I worked with one fellow like that had an 02 Road king and hardly rode it I could tell he wasnt that into it, well he finally sold it if I had been in the market for a bike at that time I would have jumped on it.

Back