free website stats program 1968 flh carb problem | Harley Davidson Forums

1968 flh carb problem

husted

hey guys, newbe here. well 5 years ago i inheretid my fathers 1968 flh. at that time i believe he was in the middle of a tune up or somthing more, so i been messing around and came to find out its the carb. the carb is a tollotson, i rebuilt it but still no good . id like to get a s&s super e carb that has a duel cable system, witch i have a single cable. i dont know what to do for a carb or to set one up for that bike? or is there somthing else i can do?

Welcome husted, you can order the S&S set up for your bike, it simple and cost effective, come with air cleaner, manifold and all. I can't remember if 68 still had the throttle cable running thru the handle bars or not, if it does that's perfect, and if it doesn't that works also, I just run a single on my 68, but if it makes you feel warm & fuzzy you can run two, it's a safety thing. S&S sells the throttle set up for two cables and even sells the cables themselfs. You can check out S&S's web site and drag or most places sell the carb packages at discounted prices. If you get a chance post some pic's of it for us, love that old iron.

thans chopper,i have the single cable that runs through the handlebars and bike. i really wasnt sure which cable system i could use. but i do now, so thanks again.

Back