free website stats program 160/80h/16 on a 08 streetglide? | Harley Davidson Forums

160/80h/16 on a 08 streetglide?

Just my two cents, but experience has shown me that going any larger tire then factory is asking for trouble unless you use a kit to adopt it.

Anyone know if you can get a 160 width tire on an 08 FLH? (Rear of course)

I usually measure the BELT to TIRE distance and use a - 1/4" for the tire size increase of each size up....
example: 160=1/4 " closer to the belt and 170=1/2" closer to belt...

It still depends on the tire make, as some are fatter than the size says and others a little skinny... didn't your 08 come with a 150.... I think so... so MY UNDERSTANDING is you CAN go ONE full size WIDER without a problem...

I have done so on all my bikes....

signed....BUBBIE

I apreciate the response fellas,but I'm thinkin Chopper is probably right. I think i'm gonna give the Bridgestones a try as they have a higher load rating. Me being almost 280lbs :swoon and the heat we get out here and all I think I'll have peace of mind with the higher load rating.

Hogrotten

I apreciate the response fellas,but I'm thinkin Chopper is probably right. I think i'm gonna give the Bridgestones a try as they have a higher load rating. Me being almost 280lbs :swoon and the heat we get out here and all I think I'll have peace of mind with the higher load rating.

Hogrotten

Come on now Porky you were 280 in Grade school and youre ole Scwinn held up just fine !

Back