free website stats program 130db Freeway Blaster Horn | Harley Davidson Forums

130db Freeway Blaster Horn

Shifter

Has anyone installed one of these horns on their motorcycle? I've heard that it will fit under the stock Harley horn cover and is louder than the stock horn.

21Y2JV92M6L._SL500_AA169_.jpg

It's advertised for sale on Amazon as; FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn
Price: $15.91
Features steel housing and plastic projector, can be mounted singly or as duals, 130 dB
Copper wire coil motor, available with universal mounting bracket or right angle bracket
Corrosion resistant finish

So, this horn is one that I read was a recommended replacement for the stock HD horn and at a good price. That is why I am inquiring. Does anyone have an idea how loud the stock horn is? Is 130db especially loud when it comes to bike horns? Anyone....class?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this horn is one that I read was a recommended replacement for the stock HD horn and at a good price. That is why I am inquiring. Does anyone have an idea how loud the stock horn is? Is 130db especially loud when it comes to bike horns? Anyone....class?

Probably 3 times as loud as your stock horn. I couldn't barely hear mine over my exhuast. Got a $50 self contained air horn on ebay for $50, and I am heard (over 140 decibals) and it looks good too!

Thanks for the info. The V&H pipes are loud but sometimes I find I need the horn too and the stock one just doesn't hack it! Looking to upgrade ...

fiamm electro magnetic horns are best fitted as a pair each has a slightly different sound high and low tones makes a wall of sound Ive had them fitted as a pair to a few of my bikes and they are good horns
came as original equipment on BMW r10rt

Brian

Good horn, make sure you buy the low tone.

Has anyone installed one of these horns on their motorcycle? I've heard that it will fit under the stock Harley horn cover and is louder than the stock horn.

21Y2JV92M6L._SL500_AA169_.jpg

It's advertised for sale on Amazon as; FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn
Price: $15.91
Features steel housing and plastic projector, can be mounted singly or as duals, 130 dB
Copper wire coil motor, available with universal mounting bracket or right angle bracket
Corrosion resistant finish

Found this on the net.

Military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier with afterburner at 50 ft (130 dB)

Compare this level to 100db.

Jet take-off (at 305 meters), use of outboard motor, power lawn mower, motorcycle, farm tractor, jackhammer, garbage truck. Boeing 707 or DC-8 aircraft at one nautical mile (6080 ft) before landing (106 dB); jet flyover at 1000 feet (103 dB); Bell J-2A helicopter at 100 ft (100 dB).

Smitty is correct. Using the horn attracts witnesses, not the offfending driver's attention. Especially here in Washington state. "What? You honkin' at ME? A$$hole!" I've tapped the horn to let a cellphoner know he was drifting into my lane, and have gotten the Freeway Salute for my efforts.

But the tank-mount mini-gun... Now, THAT gets the attention!

Still, I'm looking to mount a good, loud, sharp-looking air horn on my '09 Heritage.

Back