free website stats program 106" Woods 555 cams SE Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

106" Woods 555 cams SE Tuner

Tn.Heritage

Here's my 2010 SG with the 106 build I did this spring.
Wiseco Pistons, 10.45 comp. V&H PD's with SE Heavy Breather & RC Components 4" Mufflers. 1.9 int valve and 1.610 exhaust, comp cams lifters. Bike was tunes at J&B Performance, great job on the tune. 109.83hp and 128tq.

Attachments

• IMG95201404079521342595044.jpg
    IMG95201404079521342595044.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
Just curious as to why you didn't have Larry do the heads? What cam did you use?

Larry's great on Heads no doubt but Justin saved me a little money by them doing it but by the time I had compression releases installed it still was pretty expensive. The cams were in my title thread, Woods 555's.

Incredible numbers for a 106" motor; 1.2 foot pounds of torque per cubic inch of motor doesn't happen very often. 1 per cube is typical and 1.5 is great but 1.2 is exceptional. There are bigger motors, 113s and 117s that don't make those nummbers. It would be interesting to see how your bike would stack up against say a 117". Not doubting the sheet and what it says but when I see numbers that are atypical and OTT compared to similar builds, I do wonder about the dyno and the tuner. As long as you are happy with the performance, mileage and rideability, that's all the matters; can't ride that dyno sheet.:s

Incredible numbers for a 106" motor; 1.2 foot pounds of torque per cubic inch of motor doesn't happen very often. 1 per cube is typical and 1.5 is great but 1.2 is exceptional. There are bigger motors, 113s and 117s that don't make those nummbers. It would be interesting to see how your bike would stack up against say a 117". Not doubting the sheet and what it says but when I see numbers that are atypical and OTT compared to similar builds, I do wonder about the dyno and the tuner. As long as you are happy with the performance, mileage and rideability, that's all the matters; can't ride that dyno sheet.:s

I would have probably had a little less Tq if I hadn't worked on my mufflers a bit to give them a little more back pressure. I pulled the baffles and turned all the little tits straight down with a screwdriver and installed a 1/4-20 bolt in the end or near the end of the muffler. I did this because when I changed mufflers from V&H's Twin slash Ovals to the RC Components the baffles were too big, 2.5" baffle killed my bottom end with a 96" motor and 204's cams, so why the fix. I trust my tuner's and there numbers, they have run side by side within 1 hp to others when sheets were compared. HP wise I think my throttle body is holding me back but the bike runs great and has good manors so I'm happy.

Back